Wednesday, January 24

Antique Auction

My friend Keme is in town from San Francisco and we have been having some good country fun with her family in Charlotte. Pork Chops on Saturday night with the fun squad, breakfast at Jarman's Market on Sunday morning, and Tuesday night her Daddy's Antique Auction in Van Leer. Charlie (Keme's Daddy) let us dig for treasure at the auctionhouse Saturday night. I found some great scarves,a cart with wheels for the studio space, and an old watch, among other treasures. I also had my eye on some things that were already marked for auction: some very unique buttons and a green glass vase. I won those at the auction last night, but Charlie paid for them (he's just like that). I did win and purchase for myself a little antique kitchen stool. Keme's Momma, Sandra was working the snack bar at the auction. They were out of cheeseburgers by the time my brother and I got there, but she made us hot dogs and tater tots, brownie sundaes for dessert. If you have never been to a country auction, you should check it out...it's a good time. If you leave anywhere near Nashville, the Van Leer Country Auction is on the second and fourth Tuesday of every month at 6:30. Here's a little preview...

1 comment:

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

I freaked out the first time I went to one of these (in Leb'nin) it's like some bizarre time warp you enter into. You have captured the atmosphere perfectly.